What’s in a Name?
For the session to be discussed on July 24, 2016
In recent days we’ve seen shootings of persons by police and then shootings of police officers (while, tragically, protecting protestors). How might we come together and recognize our common humanity and kinship in Christ? Perhaps unexpectantly, the story of the prophet Hosea and his adulterous spouse Gomer offers an answer, for in chapter 1, we are reminded that we are all “children of the living God.”
On this Podcast:
Guest: Darian Duckworth
- Daniel tells a Julie Pennington-Russell story at the beginning of his Bible background comments.
- Darian mentions Bloodline, a Netflix show she loves.
- Bert references the song “I Cain’t Say No” from the musical Oklahoma.
- Try our small group curriculum! New subscribers can enjoy a completely free month of the premium edition of FaithElement!
- Please leave us a review at iTunes!