Faithelement Resources for WorshipEnhancing Worship Planning
A Curated Collection
Worship planning is a resource-intensive task. Selecting hymns, anthems, litanies and prayers that together draw persons into the themes of the text is important work.
Faithelement Resources for Worship are designed to provide a curated collection of quality selections to assist in worship planning.
For each Sunday (and special services, such as Christmas Eve), we provide a PDF of options that support the texts offered by the Revised Common Lectionary.
Scroll down to see resources for Advent 2019. These are free!
For each service, Resources for Worship Includes:
• Links to the selected scriptures
• Links to the selected scriptures• A list of themes drawn from these passages
• The focal passage (the text used by Faithelement Bible Study resources) and a link to that text’s podcast
• Hymn suggestions: Hymn Suggestions link to Hymnary.org, a searchable resource with a wealth of information regarding writers, composers, alternate and associated texts and tunes, corresponding hymn numbers, and more.
• Anthem suggestions (noted as easy, moderate, or moderately difficult) for congregations of various sizes, and resources. You’ll find ideas for children, youth, and adults.
• Responsive readings
• Thoughtful quotations
• Call to worships
• Collective prayers
• Additional litanies, confessions, and a benediction
• Periodically a new song with music will be included
January Resouces Available Now!
Faithelement Resources for Worship is free for Advent 2019.
Original music referenced in Advent Resources:
Sheet Music – Fairest Lord Jesus
Sheet Music – Kindle the Flame
Faithelement Resources for Worship is led by Warren Howell
Warren was raised in the home of a church musician in Southern California in the 60s-70s in what was an eclectic confluence of cultures. Which may explain why he’s all over the place musically.
He holds degrees in church music from Baylor University and Southern Seminary. He serves South Frankfort Presbyterian Church, Frankfort, Kentucky. Previously, he served Calvary Baptist Church, Lexington, Kentucky and St. John’s Baptist Church, Charlotte, North Carolina.
Warren and his wife, Maureen (whom he met in seminary), raised two children, love to travel, read and cook. They are managed at home by their beagle-basset, Ginger, Vice-President in charge of travel arrangements.
Warren commented on the new resources, “I see this Faithelement feature as being useful to pastors, musicians, and worship planners in congregations who worship within a historical/traditional context — whether or not they use the lectionary. I’ll keep the resources varied and interesting.”