Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the Faithelement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Play the Oprah video and ask:
- Why do you think would Oprah be attracted to being like Martin Luther King, Jr.?
- Now I realize that Oprah does not run a church (unless you believe the conspiracy theories), but why do you think that people throughout the world have followed her every word?
- What role do you think stories of Oprah’s wealth, or things she has given away affect the way people approach her?
- What does it say about a leader when people choose to follow him or her in hopes of gaining something material instead of something like progress or enlightenment?
Read Mark 10:46-52 and watch the Bible Background Video for this session:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing