Before the Session
Facilitator: In advance of the session
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Listen to the Faithelement podcast for this session
- Use the social media prompts on this session’s webpage to help youth begin engaging the session them ahead of their gathering.
Play the God’s Call video and use these questions to facilitate discussion.
Then lead a discussion using questions like these:
- What were your impressions of this video? Obviously God does not call us via a cell phone. What ways might God make your calling known to us?
Have you ever felt like God was calling you to something? If so, what is it? How did you know it was God calling you and not your own wants and desires?
Do you think God would ever call you to do something you do not want to do? Why or why not?
Why do we hesitate to answer God’s call?
Read Ezekiel 2:1 – 3:11 and watch the Bible Background Video for this passage.
- In this passage, whom does it say Ezekiel is supposed to deliver God’s message? How receptive do you think these people will be to the message? Why?
Why might eating the scroll help these stubborn people to listen to what Ezekiel has to say? How did this action make him bolder in sharing the message?
Show the Skit Guys video.
- How did you come to Christ? Who first shared Christ with you? What was so powerful about the message that was shared with you? Have you ever told anyone else about your Savior? Tell us about your experience?
For what reasons do we sometimes hesitate to share our faith with others?
What did you think of the different evangelism techniques parodied in this video?
In your opinion, what is the best way to share God’s message with someone else? Why?
How would you view success when you are sharing your faith? How might your faithfulness to God be more important than the results of your evangelism?
Who in your life might God be calling you to share your faith with? How can this group help you to be bold enough to share your faith with them?
Close this session with a prayer asking God to give us the strength to be faithful followers, even when the task seems difficult or futile.