Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Play the “How to High-5” video clip and ask:
- Since we still function in unusual times in our culture, how do you greet a friend when you see them?
- When have you ever tried to give someone a high-5 only to mess it up?
- How are the situations in this silly video like trying to greet someone currently not knowing what they are comfortable with?
- What are some other social situations that you would love others to follow a rule about?
- Do you like standing out in a group being different or would you prefer to blend in?
- Which Biblical figures, besides Jesus, spent a significant amount of time standing out as different?
Have someone read aloud Luke 3:7-18 then play the Bible Background Video and ask:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing