Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Watch the “Your Way!” video and ask:
- How do you think Fezzik felt about being told what “his way” of fighting was supposed to be?
- Why do you think he chose to proclaim a different way as the way “God intended?”
- What are some things that you do that others might think you’re not doing the “right way?”
- Why do you do such things in a different way?
- What does it mean to say that a specific way of doing or understanding things is what “God intended?”
- At what points is your faith determined by other people’s expectations?
Read aloud Mark 9:38-50 then play the Bible Background Video and ask:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing