Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Show the “Reflections” video clip and ask:
- Of what theological point does this video remind you and why?
- What do you think Mulan’s society expected from her and why?
- How did Mulan see her responsibility within the family affecting her life?
- Based on the clues in this video, what do you think Mulan’s parents were thinking about her and her future?
- What sorts of frustrated hopes for your own future might make you more inclined to bust into song near some significant water if you had the chance?
- How might faith have played into Mulan’s thoughts?
Read 1 Samuel 16:1-13, then play the Bible Background Video and ask:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing