Before the Session
Facilitator: In advance of the session
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- In many instances, the full meaning of a passage is hard to grasp from a single translation. Having a few different versions available may help the group understand and apply today’s passage.
- Have available some means of taking notes (see Context)
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
- Think of some familiar things, places or relationships that are most important to you. What do you do when you feel they’re threatened or in danger of being lost?
- How would you respond if God asked you to give one of those things up?
- Why might God do something like that?
- How would you know if it was something God was asking you to do?
Read together Genesis 12:1-4, then watch the Bible Background Video and continue by asking:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing