Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Watch together this short video on the “Cilantroversy” and then discuss it using questions like these:
- Do you like or dislike the taste of cilantro (or know anyone who has a strong opinion about it)? Why?
- Is it important for us to agree on cilantro as a suitable food? Why or why not?
- If we were to have a meal featuring Mexican cuisine, how might we handle the issue of cilantro so all can enjoy the meal?
- How is the ‘cilantroversy’ like or not like issues that can divide us as people of faith?
Have someone read aloud First Corinthians 3:1-9, then play the Bible Background Video and ask:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing