Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Play the Spock Meets Spock movie clip (Stop at 1:48) and ask:
- Why did younger Spock call older Spock father?
- How do you think he felt when he saw a probable older version of himself?
- Why does older Spock call the “gamble” an act of faith and encourage younger Spock to repeat acts of faith?
- What does older Spock think younger Spock needs to learn from his adventures with Kirk?
- How can you follow one calling when there is another calling regarding your people and culture?
Have someone read aloud Matthew 4:13-17 then ask:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing