Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Play the Legion and/or David Haller videos (If you are familiar with the TV show and/or the comics, feel free to expand upon the imagery seen in the videos). Ask:
- What do you think it would it be like to be very powerful but have mental issues like voices speaking in your head or multiple personalities?
- Why do you think we tend to portray mentally unstable people as often thinking about themselves as being a god?
- If David (Legion) was living in your town, how do you think he would be treated and why?
- What does your church do to help people who are not “neurotypical?”
- Why are we so uncomfortable with God’s creations that face mental illness or disabilities?
Read Luke 8:26-39 before watching the Bible Background Video and asking:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing