Before the Session
Facilitator: In advance of the session
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Listen to the FaithElement podcast for this session.
- Provide at least two pool noodles.
- Use the social media prompts on this session’s webpage to help youth begin engaging the session them ahead of their gathering.
Play a game of “Guard the Noodle,” using two pool noodles of any length. Have one volunteer be “it” by giving them a pool noodle and having them stand in the center of the room. Place the other noodle at his or her feet and tell the rest of the group that whoever steals the pool noodle on the floor without getting hit by the volunteer’s pool noodle becomes “it.” Advise the person who is “it” that it is not to their advantage to attempt to hit people very hard with their noodle, since only a touch is needed and a hard swing might get them out of defensive position.
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing