Before the Session
Facilitator: In advance of the session
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Listen to the FaithElement podcast for this session
- Have two slips of paper and a pen for each person.
- Have available a throwable soft object, such as a “Nerf” basketball, stuffed animal, or rolled up sock.
- Prepare a large cleared space within your meeting area.
- Use the social media prompts on this session’s webpage to help youth begin engaging the session them ahead of their gathering.
Play the scene from Ray and ask:
– Why did Ray’s mother not try to protect and do things for her son?
– How hard do you think it was for her to not help him or allow him to burn himself?
– In what ways did this experience help Ray to be equipped to deal with some of the struggles he would face?
– What do you think that this event says about Ray’s relationship with his mother?
– In what ways does this scene remind you of your relationship with God?
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing