Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the Faithelement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media)
Start the session by asking:
- I don’t want to go into the politics of this, but with all the news about political campaigns and debates these days, what kinds of comments have been the loudest, or most effective at getting your attention and why?
- What do you hear the loudest religious people saying these days and why do they get your attention?
- If you made a list of the top ten notable Christians today who would be on that list and why?
- Think about the people we have just named. How much are they are known for their “saying” versus their “doing and being?”
- In what ways do you think we place such a premium on the stories people want to tell about themselves, rather than on the person they actually are, and why?
Read aloud James 1:17-27 and view the Bible Background Video:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing