Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Share the “Bruce Almighty Clip about Prayers” and ask your group:
- What most stands out to you about this video and why?
- What does it mean to point out that God hears so many prayers, some of which directly contradict each other?
- Which prayers do you think God hears most often and why?
- When you pray alone, what sorts of things do you usually take to God and why?
- How much of prayer do you think should be about asking for something and how much should be thanking for something, and why?
- In what ways would you say prayer shapes your faith?
Have your group read Psalms 138, then play the Bible Background Video and ask:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing