Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Share the song Mr. Simon and ask:
- What most stands out about this classic song and why?
- In what ways have you encountered people whose church experience is like “Mr. Simon’s?”
- Where have you seen people whose experience is more like the other guy in the story?
- To what degree do you think church is a place of “posturing” where we come to participate in or put on a show, versus a place where we come to address the fact that we are “broken” in some way?
- How do we know when we are only “slightly wrinkled” versus “reborn?”
Have someone read aloud Luke 18:9-14 then play the Bible Background Video and ask:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing