Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Play the “Rehearsal” movie clip and ask:
- How hard would it have been to be a musical artist and a racial minority “back in the day” and why?
- How hard do you think it was for the band member to respect James Brown and be humble?
- Why could this band member have caused division within this group?
- Why do you think at this rehearsal that James Brown was so demonstrative without anyone arguing?
- Based on his personality and skills, how do you think James Brown would have fared if he lacked supportive humble band members?
Have someone read aloud Psalm 25:1-9 then play the Bible Background Video before asking:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing