Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Start by showing the “They’re Not Ready” video clip and asking:
- Even before his demonstration, how did Tom Cruise’s character know that his men were not ready?
- Why was superior weaponry insufficient for defeating a more traditional enemy?
- How might you have felt to be the poor man who was ordered to shoot?
- At what points in your life have you been made to feel like that man must have felt and why?
- Knowing that the men were not ready, why do you think the commander ordered them to march anyway?
- How is this scene similar to the way we sometimes approach faith?
Have someone read aloud Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23 or watch the “Parable of the Sower” video, then play the Bible Background Video and ask:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing