Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Context (From the Conversations Session Page)
Start by reminding the group about Bert’s introduction (play his introduction from the Faithelement podcast for the group if needed), focusing on how hard it is to understand Paul’s writing sometimes. Ask the group:
- At what points do you struggle to understand some of the nuances of the Bible?
- How do such struggles affect the way you understand your faith?
- Where does your understanding of faith seem to put you at odds with the way the rest of the world understands it?
- What do you tend to do when you hear someone sharing their faith in a way that differs from your understanding, but is very sophisticated and powerful?
- Why do you think we tend to place the “loud and complicated” above the “quiet and simple” approach to faith?
Content (From the Mind Session Page)
Read 1 Corinthians 2:1-16, then watch the Bible Background Video and ask:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing