Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Context (From the Current Session Page)
Start by sharing this story and this one about Secret Santas. Remind the group that in both cases, the donors remained anonymous, then ask:
- How do you feel when you hear stories like this and why?
- What do you think motivates people to do something like this, sometimes on an annual basis?
- Why do you think these two givers chose to remain anonymous?
- While these gifts were given to ensure that some families had a good Christmas, what do you think was the long term fallout of these givers’ actions?
- What kinds of gifts do you give or receive regularly, whether you think about them or not?
Content (From the Mind Session Page)
Read John 1:1-18 and watch the Bible background video and ask:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing