Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Context (From the Conversations Session Page)
(Referring to the podcast for this episode) Start by reminding the group about Crystal’s introduction, based on Billy Joel’s “We Didn’t Start the Fire” and focused on the hope of Isaiah 2, in opposition to the pronouncements of doom from Isaiah 1. Ask:
- What kinds of conflicts are going on in our world today that most trouble you and why?
- How do you think God would resolve our world conflicts?
- Where do we find hope that we will overcome the world’s problems?
- How do you live in the “now” or the “not yet” while looking toward a better future?
- In what ways is Christian hope different from hollow optimism?
Content (From the Mind Session Page)
Read Isaiah 2:1-5 and watch the Bible background video. Now that we’ve seen today’s passage, let’s look at what comes before it. Have someone read aloud chapter 1 (or at least the first 15 verses) and ask:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing