Before the Session
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Encourage your group to listen to the Faithelement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media)
- Print the following on a poster, or download and print copies of the handout:
LIVING SIMPLY – From Richard Foster’s book Celebration of Discipline
– Buy things for their usefulness rather than their status.
– Buy only the clothes you need and wear them until they wear out.
– Reject anything that produces an addiction, whether it’s alcohol, coffee, T.V. or chocolate.
– Develop a habit of giving things away.
– Refuse to be controlled by the salespeople of modern gadgetry.
– Learn to enjoy things without owning them.
– Develop a deeper appreciation for the creation.
– Don’t fall into the “buy now, pay later” scheme of things.
– Reject anything that will breed the oppression of others or exploits others or adds to the poverty in our world.
- Materials needed – paper, pens, an empty 2-liter bottle for each person (if you don’t have enough for everyone, substitute other items like margarine tubs, old shirt clothes, socks, boxes, etc.), scissors, duct tape.
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing