Before the Session
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Encourage your group to listen to the Faithelement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media)
- Materials needed – pens and paper
Read Galatians 6:1-16 , then watch the Bible Background Video.
Show the following youtube clips:
An abbreviated/modified examen — invite people to reflect silently in their minds, or on paper on the following (pause for two minutes between each instruction):
Review your day/week and think about all the people with whom you have had contact.
- To whom were you kind in a genuine way? Why?
- To whom were you unkind? Why?
- Jot down the things that keep you from being kind, either internally or externally. Share them with God.
- What do you need from God in order to be kind? Share those needs with God. If you don’t know what you need, ask God to show or grant you what you need.
- Jot down some ideas of how you can show kindness to all the different people with whom you have contact.
Invite people to share their reflections with the group.
Close with group prayer.
Writer: Joy Yee