Before the Session
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Encourage your group to listen to the Faithelement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media)
- Prepare a focal point in the center of the group – use candles, flowers, decorative cloth, pictures of beauty and compassion, etc.
- Materials needed – a ball of yarn
Read aloud James 5:13-20 then play the Bible Background Video
In today’s lesson, the group will engage sharing and prayer together. Create a safe, confidential space for this time together. Tell the group that as people share, there will be no need to advise, comment, or fix anyone’s problems. They are simply to receive and hold what is shared with respect and love. The content of people’s sharing is not to be discussed at any time afterwards either, unless the original sharer initiates the topic.
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing