Before the Session
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Encourage your group to listen to the Faithelement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media)
- Provide paper and pens for participants.
- Preview and have the video “0 to 9 Months Journey in the Womb” ready to view.
Read aloud today’s focal passage, Ephesians 1:1-14, and watch the Bible Background Video.
Form the group into pairs and give the following instructions:
In your pairs, imagine that you and your partner are God and Jesus having a conversation before the creation of the world. Decide who each of you will be.
Begin the conversation with God laying out the “idea/plan” for creation.
Continue the conversation with Jesus responding to the idea/plan.
Together discuss all the pros and cons of the creation plan.
Make some decisions for how you will live with your creation through history as the lives of humans unfold. How will you be responsible for what you have created? What will you do? What will you not do? Why? *
Make notes on the points of your conversation.
Invite the pairs to role play or describe their conversations for the group.
In Christ, Chosen
Lead a discussion on the conversations:
- What insights did the conversations spur?
What ideas surprised you? Why?
What do you think about the phrase “In Christ, chosen”?
Show the youtube video “0 to 9 Months Journey in the Womb”
After the video is viewed, ask questions like these:
- How did you feel watching this video?
- How did this journey from 0 to 9 months relate to our earlier conversations? Did it cause you to think differently about the idea of being chosen by Christ?
Close with prayer
Writer: Joy Yee