Before the Session
- Have the Bible Background Video ready to view.
- Review today’s scripture text and the session activities to help better facilitate the discussion.
- Encourage your group to listen to the FaithElement podcast ahead of the next session (Share the link via email or social media).
Share the “Do you hear yourself…” video (stop at 2:30) and ask:
- What do you think of this video and why?
- Given that a lot of us talk online these days, why do you think some of us find it difficult to hear ourselves in recorded form?
- When have you encountered people who clearly don’t hear what other people hear when they are speaking?
- What are some things that you might do or say that people don’t understand in the same way as you?
- How can learning to truly ‘hear” ourselves make us better people?
Read Mark 7:24-37, then play the Bible Background Video and ask:
The content you are trying to access is included in the Faithelement Premium subscription.
If you are already a member, login to access all resources.
Become a member today and get access to the full collection of resources and helps for every session!
Learn about Subscribing